Saturday, June 18, 2011

fun in the sun

Since it is summertime, I'm sure most of you are enjoying yourselves outdoors. I know I am. Summer is my prime season.

Anyways...I suggest y'all protect yourselves out there. What do I mean? Sun damage. Before exposing yourself to those UV rays, put on some sunscreen or lotion that is at least SPF 15. Even if you are tanning. A little protection goes a long way.

Another little idea that you might not have considered...the sun can damage your hair, too. My hair is pretty delicate (I'm a natural blonde, what can I say?), so it easily gets dried out in direct sunlight. How do you combat this problem? A little SPF, my dears. You can either spray a light mist of aerosol sunscreen on your locks, or you can mix up a solution yourself.

In a spray bottle, combine 2 Tbsp sunscreen lotion, 1 Tbsp conditioner, 1 Tbsp hairspray or gel, and 1 cup of water. Shake it up and spritz. These measurements are approximate, and you can, of course, alter this recipe to fit your taste/style. If you don't like hairspray/gel, don't add it. If there is another hair product you think you would like added, add it. You can also add a little bit of lemon juice to maximize the sun-bleaching effect. Ta-da! Sunshine-y, happy, healthy hair.

Another helpful hint: protect your locks in the pool by putting a little bit of conditioner on the ends of your hair before taking a dip.

Amazing, no?

No comments: